Friday, October 5, 2012

Makilena

I was waiting a bus when I smelled something burned,
 which reminded me of my grand mother's house.
It was a small house made of wood.
 A bathroom was separated from the main house.
 There were a lot of knot holes on the wall of the bathroom.
My grandmother used to boil water for the bath by burning firewood.

 Japanese 薪 "Maki"

 Chinese 柴火  "柴" in Japanese means somewhat thinner firewood

 Korean 장작

 English Firewood 

 Dutch brandhout  brand = fire, hout = wood

 Africaans vuurmaakhout vuur = fire, maak = make, hout = wood

 German Brennholz  This looks like Dutch "brandhout".

 French bois de chauffage bois = wood, chauffage = hot

 Spanish lena

 Now, Maki (Japanse) + Lena (Spanish) = Makilena (Turkish)
although Makilena does not mean fire wood...

--To read this post in Japanese, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment