Saturday, July 7, 2012

giorno 19 thou and he

ITALIAN 5 WEEK BOOT CAMP DAY 19


I have read "Cuore" Italian-Japanese paginal translation version.


Back and Forth, slowly.


Then I wonder what "egli" is...


Although the book explains words and phrases in detail in notes, no explanation for "egli"


It turned out that "egli" means "he" (written language)


"Cuore" was first published in 1886. Of course, it is a masterpiece.

I wish I could have Italian-Japanese paginal translation of some newer novels though.

Apparently, publishing such books is not profitable considering the number of people who buy them.

That reminds me:
some two decades ago I was reading an old English book and wondered what "thou" was.

Answer : "thou" means you.


Italian time today: 2.5 hours.
0 min in the morning, 1.5 h in a train and bus, and 1h in the evening.

--To read this post in Japanese, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment